Date:      Thu, 5 Jan 2006 22:09:03 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firefox calling kse_release rapidly

--nextPart2268739.ba16Sdepcv

	I've got a funny problem with firefox.  It runs fine browsing and=20
such, but when I open the Preferences dialog the application takes a=20
few seconds to load the window and clicking on the different tabs is=20
slow.  If I click the downloads tab it takes 10-15 seconds to switch=20
to it and if I then click to edit/view the file associations the new=20
window takes ~3 minutes to load and operates _very_ slowly.  All the=20
while the CPU is pegged at 100%.
Running truss on the process I repeatedly and rapidly get the=20
following:
kse_release(0x8064f44)                           =3D 0 (0x0)

I've got a ktrace log while firefox seems to be spinning it's wheels=20
with the above:
http://am-productions.biz/docs/firefox-ktrace.log.gz
http://am-productions.biz/docs/make.conf
http://am-productions.biz/docs/dmesg.boot

I'm running 6.0-RELEASE with firefox-1.5_5,1 compiled from the ports. =20

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry