Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 1995 16:12:13 -0700
From:      Joshua Peck Macdonald <jmacd@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What people are doing with FBSD

>Amancio Hasty Jr.says
> This brings about another interesting point what are people doing
> with FreeBSD besides kernel hacking or system related work?

scheme scheme scheme, especially STk, emacs, latex, more emacs,
C++ homework, I wish there was mathematica sometimes, but I'd
probably be too poor to buy it if there was.  Then again, sometimes
I wish all the software I wanted to use was free.  It would be
really cool to have a Java port, but I don't think I have enough
system-level experience to contribute anything but encouragement
to a porting effort.

The original question regarded guile, I think it may someday be
a very impressive package, but for now its rather unpolished and
lacking right now.

I know lots of people at school with linux installed using
basically the same applications as I do, homework for thier CS
classes as well as for a SLIP or PPP connection.  The number
I know using freebsd is about 5 I think, linux is probably closer
to 100.  I can't explain that one.

-josh