Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 2000 23:22:57 +0000
From:      Gustavo Vieira Goncalves Coelho Rios <gustavo@ifour.com.br>
To:        James Lim <jameslpin@pacific.net.sg>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: web monitoring system

James Lim wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> You might wanna try mrtg and snmp :) What i did was to install and run snmp
> on the different boxes..and customise mrtg on the specific machine that runs
> the monitoring mrtg
>  which in returns listens on the results from the various boxes' snmp.
>
> blah my english is not good tis morning. Sorry.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> James Lim

Dear James,

Thanks a lot for reply (VERY fast response, thanks twice!).
I know about many solutions and writting my own it's not reasonable, but
my main goal is:

1) get an high level on programming over UNIX plataform (i.e., FreeBSD);
and
2) get expert understanding on the protocols that "rules" the internet
(i decided to start on the application layer, specially the HTTP, and
get down to the physical layer).

That's why i am considering writing my own solution.

Any other advice?

Thanks for your time!