Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:31:01 -0400
From:      "Jud" <jud@myrealbox.com>
To:        durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us
Cc:        crsntlvs@ipeg.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: Athlon XP motherboards that work well with FreeBSD

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To: Corey Holcomb-Hockin <crsntlvs@ipeg.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:04:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Corey Holcomb-Hockin wrote:

> I've been having trouble with my a7a-133.  I had trouble with XFree86,=20
> and with a tv card.   I'd like to know some motherboards that work well=
=20
> with FreeBSD?
>=20
> Someone didn't have the same troubles with  soltek SL-75DRV2=20
> <http://www1.soltek.com.tw/English/product/75drv2.htm>;
>=20
> I've bought asus card because my hp pavillion had a asus card with a via=
=20
> chipset.  I read after that they don't document their boards so that=20
> open source developers can support all the features easily.  Whats a=20
> more open motherboard brand?  Are Via chipsets the best supported? The=20
> card I'm having trouble with has a acer chipset.
>=20

The A-Open AK77Pro runs very nicel with 4.6.2. I'm using
vinum in Raid 1 on it and it's greased lightning.

A friend who owns an ISP is using it all over his plant also.

-Jim

I noticed someone else in this thread replying that
his A7A-133 worked OK.  I have an ASUS A7V333 that
works very nicely.  Have you considered that it may
just be XFree or video card problems and not the
motherboard?

Specifically, what problems are you having?

Jud