Date:      Sat, 31 Aug 2002 00:52:05 -0400
From:      Pat Wendorf <beholder@unios.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Linux DRI Problems

I'm currently experiencing Signal 11 core dumps with XFree86 4.0.2
(XFree86-4.2.0_1,1 from ports) whenever I try to run anything Linux DRI
related (glxinfo and gears from /usr/compat/linux/usr/X11R6/bin).  I'm
using an ATI Rage 128 Chipset video card (ATI Xpert 2000), and the
FreeBSD glxinfo shows that FreeBSD DRI is working fine, and in direct
mode. Tux Racer from ports works well, and FreeBSD glxgears gives me
very high FPS.  I'm using linux_base-7.1 and linux_dri-4.2.0_1 from
ports, as well linux_glx-991127 is installed.

If it's relavent, it crashes this way as root as well as my normal user.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

- Pat