Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:38:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      520023893678-0001@t-online.de (P. U. Kruppa)
To:        Dancho Penev <dpenev@mail.bg>
Cc:        "P. U. Kruppa" <520023893678-0001@t-online.de>, "" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: squid and ipfw ... fwd ...

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Dancho Penev wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 06:44:24PM +0100, P. U. Kruppa wrote:
> >Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:44:24 +0100 (CET)
> >From: 520023893678-0001@t-online.de (P. U. Kruppa)
> >To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> >Subject: squid and ipfw ... fwd ...
> >
> >Hi!
> >
> >I am trying to setup a transparent proxy with Squid.
> >
> >Proxying and caching itself works fine (thanks to the help of
> >this list!) - my Squid is listening on port 80.
> >
> >I have got the ipfw kernel module running and seem to be able to
> >change all kinds of rules via ipfw or from bootup via some
> >firewall configuration file. As all kinds of manuals advise I do
> ># ipfw add 200 allow tcp from 192.168.10.1 to any
> >and still everything works fine. But when I try the next line
> ># ipfw add 300 fwd 127.0.0.1 tcp from any to any 80
> >I keep receiving access denied messages from squid.
>
> Put in squid config file something like this (change ip address and netmask):
>
> acl permitednet src 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0
> http_access allow permitednet
I have got these.
Squid works fine as long as I setup all browsers to use
192.168.10.1's port 80 .
But when they are set to automatic detection they don't use
Squid.
The ipfw rule 300 should redirect all traffic to squid - which it
in fact does: The access denial message is produced by Squid. But
there everything ends.

Uli.