Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:13:40 -0400
From:      Michael Sharp <freebsd@ec.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Remote X Apps

I'm on a Internal LAN, and want to run X apps from one of my win boxes. Heres the setup:

Windows Box = 192.168.1.3
FreeBSD Box = 192.168.1.2
Router = 192.168.1.1

In sshd-config, I have:

X11Forwarding yes
X11DisplayOffset 10

The Xserver is started with -listen-tcp and echo $DISPLAY shows :0.0

Going to the win box, and using putty, I ssh to the FreeBSD Box ( I see no config option in putty so I assume it does X forwarding by Default ), and type:

xterm &

I get: Cannot connect to XServer

If I do:

export DISPLAY=192.168.1.3:0.0

and do:

xterm &

xterm starts, but on the FreeBSD Box.  I know its insecure, but I also did:

xhost +192.168.1.3

and it still dosent work.

What am I missing?

michael