Date:      Sat, 2 Sep 2000 21:32:24 -0300
From:      "Matt Rudderham" <matt@researcher.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Setting Up Named / Bind 8

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C01525.48F71720

Hi,
I am starting to setup Named on my system running FreeBSD 4.0. The =
machine is a Pentium 133 with 48 Mb. It has two interfaces, ed0 and ed1. =
ed0 connected to my cable connection, and ed1 connect via a crossover to =
a windoze machine. The system works perfectly and has many services =
running. As a learning experience:), I have been trying to setup Named =
on the system, also so I can be made authoritive for a subdomain. I have =
found some documentation for setting up older versions of named, but =
none for the ucrrent, I have heard that there are major differences =
between bind 4 and 8. I was wondering if anyone can point me towards a =
good tutorial, or any info that might be helpful. Also I was wondering =
if the sytax for bind 4 files (amed.boot, named.root, named.local, =
named.rev.127.local) is the same for the version which is included with =
FreeBSD 4.0. Thanks.

- Matt Rudderham

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C01525.48F71720

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am starting to setup Named on my =
system running=20
FreeBSD 4.0. The machine is a Pentium 133 with 48 Mb. It has two =
interfaces, ed0=20
and ed1. ed0 connected to my cable connection, and ed1 connect via a =
crossover=20
to a windoze machine. The system works perfectly and has many services =
running.=20
As a learning experience:), I have been trying to setup Named on the =
system,=20
also so I can be made authoritive for a subdomain. I have found some=20
documentation for setting up older versions of named, but none for the =
ucrrent,=20
I have heard that there are major differences between bind 4 and 8. I =
was=20
wondering if anyone can point me towards a good tutorial, or any info =
that might=20
be helpful. Also I was wondering if the sytax for bind 4 files =
(amed.boot,=20
named.root, named.local, named.rev.127.local) is the same for the =
version which=20
is included with FreeBSD 4.0. Thanks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>- Matt =
Rudderham</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C01525.48F71720--