Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 08:44:49 +1100
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Threads goals  version III

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 07:33:52AM -0500, Peter Dufault wrote:
> > 4/ All threads in a processs see the same address space (exactly).
>
> Stacks too?  Is that a rule implied from POSIX or one for portability?

I think so. There is nothing to stop a thread from passing a pointer
to something on it's stack to another thread, assuming that it will
ensure that the stack will remain valid. This is common practice where
one thread parents one or more child threads and wishes to share
information with them.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
               john.birrell@cai.com john.birrell@opendirectory.com.au