Date:      Sun, 18 Oct 1998 08:24:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      VEGA <vega@d132-h017.rh.rit.edu>
To:        Khetan Gajjar <khetan@iafrica.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3.0 tag

On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Khetan Gajjar wrote:

> Have you made world from your 2.2.x-STABLE box to 3.0 ?
> Anything to watch out for ?
>
> ---
> Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@iafrica.com ; khetan@os.org.za

i went from 2.2.7 RELEASE to 3.0, and the make world went fine, but i did
run into a few snags:

1) before i could get the kernel to compile after the make buildworld and
make installworld i had to remove the entire directory that my old kernel
was in (the one that you type 'make' in to compile a kernel) and start
with the generic kernel.

2) after the generic kernel compiled i had to reset the computer with the
reset button; shutdown coredumped on me every time. after i did the first
reboot, however, shutdown worked fine, and i was able to recompile the old
kernel that i had before as well (after checking in LINT for any changes)

hope this helps...