Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 16:31:24 -0700 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Cc:        Harmen Quast <hquast@hotmail.com>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

> Hi Harmen.  I just wanted to point out, in case you didn't already know,
> that the basic commands for FreeBSD are the same as those for UNIX.  If
> you get a basic UNIX book such as O'Reilly & Associates "Learning the UNIX
> Operating System" or a monster book like Sams Publishing "UNIX Unleashed"
> then most of what the book contains applies directly to FreeBSD.

	Also the 'For Dummies' series of books are good too. They have
their handbook versions which pretty much give you the command and what it
does with a brief example, very useful. I learned on 'Unix for
Programmers,' by <mummble> Glass, ironically in it's time it was as close
to a dummies book as you could get...:) It was geared towards programmers
who had never been in to a unix prompt before.

> Microsoft product for that matter.  (except Excel, that's one MS program
> that is unequaled.  Statistically, company that big can't possibly do
> *everything* wrong.)

	Except for the 5 megs worth of code called an Easter Egg..... :)
If I wanted to know who programmed it, I'd read the documentation...:)

						Rick