Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 2015 11:50:04 -0600
From:      Mark Costlow <cheeks@swcp.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   How to set unsupported port build options in make.conf with poudriere?

I'm using poudriere on FreeBSD 10.1.  I need to set --enable-drac when
building mail/milter-greylist.  There is no corresponding option in
the milter-greylist port.  In the past, I used portconf to achieve this:

mail/milter-greylist: CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-drac

In the new post-portconf world, I tried this in
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/build-make.conf:

milter-greylist_SET="CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-drac"

(My poudriere jail is named "build")

The build completes, but the installed milter-greylist does not
have DRAC support:

# strings -a /usr/local/libexec/milter-greylist | grep DRAC
Message whitelisted by DRAC access database
DRAC support not compiled in, ignore line %d

I've confirmed in the build log that poudriere is finding
/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/build-make.conf and using it
for the milter-greylist build.  So I must have the syntax
wrong for _SET.  Is it a problem that the port name has
a hyphen?  I found this thread which claimed hyphens are a problem
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2014-January/089163.html
but no resolution.

Thanks,

Mark
--
Mark Costlow    | Southwest Cyberport | Fax:   +1-505-232-7975
cheeks@swcp.com | Web:   www.swcp.com | Voice: +1-505-232-7992

Mail Minder - Intelligent Push Notifications for Email on the iPhone
http://mailminderapp.com/download  or in the App Store