Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:28:00 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
To:        Vincent D Murphy <vdm@vdm.cc>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RELEASE CTM

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Vincent D Murphy wrote:

> i apologise for not mentioning that the 4.4-STABLE machine in question is
> offline from the Internet; hence my desire to use CTM.
>
> i want to get the deltas at work, burn them on to sneakernet media and
> update the offline machine at home.  downloading *all* of the deltas looks
> like a lot of work/bandwidth, and so i would like to know a point
> corresponding to the 4.4-STABLE CDs from which i can download all subsequent
> deltas.

I'm pretty sure that if you ask this question on
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, someone will be able to help you.

> PS do you care to elaborate on the 'headaches' CTM can potentially cause?
> that sounds scary.  :)

Well, I have never used CTM, so what I have said is only based on what I
have read and heart in the documentation and on mailing-lists.

So, if you don't get a deifinite answer to yoru question on this list, try
posting it to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, as I'm sure someone there
will have a few suggestions for you.

Greetings
Nils

Nils Holland
Ti Systems - FreeBSD in Tiddische, Germany
http://www.tisys.org * nils@tisys.org