Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 17:24:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: natd settings problem

On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Julian Elischer wrote:
> Charles Mott wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Valter Mazzaro wrote:
> > > My purpose is to run a video conference application (vic) between HOST1/2 and
> > > ISP.
> > > In AS a natd daemon is running. The problem is that, with the present settings,
> > > I've succeeded in running vic just between ISP and ONE host AT THE TIME!!
> > [snip]
>
> you need to run mrouted on the gateway machine, so that it takes in a
> unicast IPstream from the supplier,
> and runs multicast out through the LAN.

Would you care to post an example mrouted.conf file that does this?  I
can't actually test this, but I am interested to understand it better,
especially if there are any interactions with natd.

One user has told me he has had problems with multicast through ppp -alias
and natd, but I am not sure whether this was MBONE traffic or UDP.

Charles Mott