Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:06:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      ARUN G NAIR <virtualarun@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is there a package manager for FreeBSD ?

Hello All,

I am planning to buy FreeBSD 4.5 .I have been using RH
linux for some time.It was easy to install things on
it.I heard that there was no package manager for
FBSD.Is that right ?Does FBSD support rpm's .I am
planning to download java 1.4 for FBSD.Which should i
download, the rpm or the tar shell script ?
Kindly Reply.

Arun