Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:31:39 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gallatin@cs.duke.edu, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pc card removal lockup

In message <200001271720.CAA12938@tasogare.imasy.or.jp> Mitsuru IWASAKI writes:
: Now I understand, my last conclusion was the same as original code
: and original code had same kind of problems, then you introduced the
: spl0 code...  I'm sorry about that.
: # it seems that we need to continue to solve this...

Yes.  We do.

I'm getting a hard lockup after suspend to disk when I remove the card
(even though the card works up until that).  I'm not sure what is
causing this.

Does anybody have a way to generate a NMI over USB, firewire or
pccard?  Or has anybody every hacked SIO so that ANY break would cause
a trip into the debugger?  Is there some secret pin on the Sony VAIO
PCG-505-TS's port replicator that does this?

Warner