Date:      Sat, 1 Sep 2001 11:31:01 -0700
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>, "Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca Account)" <kulraj@bosa.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAT with >1 gateway interface

On Saturday 01 September 2001 08:12, Kenneth W Cochran wrote:
> Thanks, but with the exception of the following:
>     natd_flags="-l -s -m -u"
>
> everything is as documented in Section 18.10 of the Handbook.
>
> You make no mention of >1 interface on the gateway system.  Is
> the config you describe working with a firewall/NAT system that
> uses Ethernet & dialup-kernel-ppp in a similar manner?
>
> From the natd manpage:
> -l = logging
> -s = use sockets
> -m = same ports
> -u = unregistered only
>
> How do any of these options affect or help a scenario as
> outlined with Machine A?
>
> -kc

He was showing only the part of rc.conf you need to add. You should already
have the nics specified in rc.conf, something like this -

network_interfaces="xl0 xl1 lo0"
linux_enable="YES"
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_script="/etc/rc.firewall"
firewall_type="simple"
gateway_enable="YES"
natd_enable="YES"
natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.conf"
ifconfig_xl1="inet xx.xxx.xxx.xxx  netmask 255.255.248.0"
ifconfig_xl0="inet 192.168.1.10  netmask 255.255.255.0"
defaultrouter="xx.xxx.xxx.x"
sendmail_enable="NO"
hostname="firewall.wiegand.org"

In my case I created a file called natd.conf and used rc.firewall with some
modifications.

--
Chip Wiegand

Chip W.