Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 22:42:04 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   panic: ffs_blkfree: bad size during install

Hi all,

	Sitting here wrangling with a PC, and things aren't going that well.

	I originally went to install Win98 on it, as that's what's supposed to be
on it, and it simply wouldn't work, would crap out during the first setup
phase.

	Then, I got a wild hair.  I figured that since FreeBSD was a little more
forthcoming about information and descriptors when it crashed, that I'd
throw the 4.3-Release CD in and see what would happen.  Detected all of the
hardware fine (nothing exotic in this little P200MMX with 32 Megs of Parity)
installed everything and went to the "Making slice entries for ad0s1" screen
where I got:

panic: ffs_blkfree: bad size
syncing disks 41 41 37 28 17

	And that's where she hung.

	Now, this machine is destined to have 98 put on it, and I'll figure some
way to do it.  I was just wondering if this error might give anyone a clue
as to what the problem with this box is.

	Thanks,

--- Andy