Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 15:15:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
Cc:        Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0 CD, crypto and SSH

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Roelof Osinga wrote:

> Precisely. In 8.8.2 it diverts you away from the simple solution,
> i.e. "cd /usr/ports/security/librsaintl && make install", to
> appendix A of all places.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I agree the docs need to refer to
the port as well as the package (at the time I wrote them the port didnt
exist).

> Als the description in 8.8.4 is appropriately cryptic <g>. What does
> "but international users should use this version because the RSA
> implementation is faster" actually say? Especially the useage of

It refers to the subject under discussion in the paragraph, the
international library librsaintl.

> 'the' is unclear. If it said 'this' it would be clear, then it says
> that non-US should this, i.e. the int. version, because it is
> faster and more flexible. Instead it tells you to use 'the RSA'
> implementation. Which would be the RSA reference implementation.

Perhaps it should say "its RSA implementation" rather than leaving the
posessiveness implied. I'll revisit it..

Kris