Date:      Sat, 27 Apr 2002 12:28:12 +0200
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is fetchmail with Cox possible????? [Mar-07-2002, make install clean?]

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 01:07:55AM -0400, Peter Leftwich wrote:

> >From `man ports` -
>
> "BUGS
> 	Ports documentation is split over four places --- /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk, the ``Ports Collection'' section of the handbook, the ``Porting Existing Software'' section of the handbook, and ports(7).
> 	This man page is too long."
>
> CORRECTION
> 	Not long enough!
>
> I was looking for something that ties together cvsup and portupgrade and
> pkg_add and so forth.  Oh well, I'll read them all some more individually.

Oh, I thought you were looking only for the make targets used when building a
port. I agree that the documentation isn't as structured as one would think
it should be, especially when you think how well almost everything else in
FreeBSD is documented.

> "FreeBSD 4.5                    January 25, 1998                    FreeBSD 4.5"
>
> Always wondered why manpages have such old dates at the bottom; Are these
> the dates the command first appeared?  Shouldn't it be the last time the
> manpage you are reading was updated with new information??

Always wondered about that too...
--
	Andreas "ant" Ntaflos
	ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net