Date:      Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:57:31 -0400
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        "E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make world questions

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:45:27 -0400
"E. J. Cerejo" <ejcerejo@yahoo.com> wrote:

> and will fail if the new user and group do not exist.  The
> 'smmsp'
> user and group must be merged from src/etc/group and
> src/etc/master.passwd before using 'make installworld'.
>
> I'm not sure what to do of here!

 How about you go look at src/etc/group and master.passwd and look at the
entries for the user/group smmsp

 Grab the UID and GID numbers and go add it:

pw useradd -n smmsp -u 1234567890

 where the  number after -u is what you saw as the UID in the
master.passwd file.

pw addgroup -n smmsp -g 1234567890

 same thing, get the GID #

You may have to edit the password and shell fields (man pw) to jive.

Alternatively, you could cut and paste the relevant lines from /src/etc
into your existing files in /etc making sure you rebuild the password file
afterwards with

pwd_mkdb /etc/master.passwd

So there's a coupla ideas off the top of my head.

-ger