Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:16:18 +0100
From:      "Jurij Kovacic, OCPEA d.o.o." <jurij.kovacic@ocpea.com>
To:        Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java threads on multiple processor cores

Hello!

On 02/25/2013 09:10 AM, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
> Zdravo,
>
> How are you sure your jboss does not utilize more than 1 processor?
> did you check with top and then by enabling the thread view with "H"?
> Have you tried the same with jboss run on the native installation?
(I was pleasantly surprised by your greeting - do you speak Slovenian by
any chance?)

I have tried the tings you suggested - top shows approx. 50% usage on a
dual processor machine and 25% on quad core.

What seems to happen is that the aplication triggers full GC, which
(seems?) to run on only one thread. My JVM settings pertaining to GC are
the following:
"... -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -verbose:gc
-XX:+PrintGCDetails". Is there a way to make full GC run on multiple
threads (and so, presumably on multiple processors)?

  Thank you very much for your reply!

Kind regards,
Jurij