Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:31:58 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
To:        Andrey Chernov <ache@nagual.pp.ru>, Bruce M Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>, freebsd-embedded@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: r181397 of src/usr.bin/make/job.c breaks cross-compiles

Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> Andrey Chernov wrote:
>> I need to know more specifically the place which builds 'make' first
>> to think about the fix.
>>

> The failure occurs during the "Building an up-to-date make" stage of
> buildworld, it is being invoked by nanobsd.sh.

I can't supply logs from the nanobsd build unfortunately, the error has
disappeared since I manually backed out the rev from my SVN checkout. If
I have time to spare, which is unlikely, I can try to reproduce w/logs.

However, the error message is almost identical to an earlier report
involving the tinderbox, so this may be enough for you to go on:

    http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/freebsd-current/2008/8/7/2855624

I believe Tinderbox in this case is also being used to drive a
cross-compile. Ruslan has explained why and how "make" is being rebuilt,
for 7.1->8.x cross compiles this is indeed what's happening.

it would be great to get this sorted, it seems likely to bite other folk.

cheers
BMS