Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2000 17:26:59 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
From:      Stephen Casner <casner@acm.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Support for Cisco Aironet 340 Series Wireless LAN Adapter

Is anyone working on support for the Cisco Aironet 340 Series Wireless
Lan Adapter?  I know that the Aironet PC4800 is supported (device
"an"), but after Cisco's acquisition of Aironet in March the CIS
information has changed so the card is no longer recognized.  I assume
that if all the CIS information was matched up, that the an driver
would still work.

I looked at pccarddevs in -current and did not see an entry for Cisco,
nor any relevant match for cisco on several mailinglists.

If nobody is working on this yet, would success be likely if I just
make the additions in pccarddevs and in pccard.conf?

							-- Steve

p.s. I bcc'd this to a couple of friends, which might explain your
receiving it if you are not on freebsd-questions.