Date:      Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:07:55 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   OS Textbook FreeBSD Appendix

Hi everyone!

The publishers of Operating System Concepts by Silberschatz, Galvin and
Gagne have made the appendices available online, including one about
FreeBSD internals.

It is available on :
http://www.wiley.com/college/silberschatz6e/0471417432/pdf/bsd.pdf

I sent a message to -hackers asking for comments on the document, and
the few replies that I recieved seemed to generally approve of what they
have written.

So, barring any objections from you guys, I think we should add it into
the web site and/or handbook and/or developer's handbook, but the
trouble is I can't decide exactly where! I notice that Operating System
Concepts isn't in the bibliography for the handbook or developer's
handbook, perhaps we could add in the book along with the link? Or
perhaps if the book isn't suitable just add a link to the PDF. However,
I was thinking it might be better if the link wasn't buried in the
bibliography where most people will probably miss it.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Andrew.