Date:      Sun, 01 Mar 1998 19:25:58 +0400
From:      FluRDoInG <flurdoing@earthling.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I AM NOT SPAM

	Hello,
	I have recently purchased FreeBSD 2.0.5 from my local computer store. I
think that this is extremely outdated, but i'm sure that it will suffice
for now. I'm having some serious problems getting it installed, and I'd
really appreciate all the help you can provide me with. I have read all the
help files, and documentation and have found no answer.
	Firstly, what i would like to do: I would like to create a partion of my
current 'D' drive (6 gig) of 500M for FreeBSD. D is currently unbootable,
so I'd like to use your BootMenu feature.
	Now, here is my *large* problem. My CD Rom (which uses the TEAC_CDI.SYS
driver) isn't recognised in DOS mode. However, i am currently in the
process of using MSCDEX to make it work. I'm worried that I won't be able
to use the CDROM with FreeBSD. Also, while attempting to create a partion
(through the installation menu) I must have done something wrong, like
deleted a partion, and now Windows wont recognize my D drive. Can I restore
this somehow? If not, just help me to install FreeBSD from the CD. I
discovered, too late, that i could have installed it directly off my hard
disk by copying the FreeBSD files. I'd need my 6 gig hard disk to do this.

	I would seriously appreciate absolutely ANY help you can give. I'd really
like to get this working. Also, can you tell me what new releases of
FreeBSD are available? I'm currently in a remote part of the world, The
United Arab Emirates, so I probably have to mail order... Could you tell me
of any companies which offer such services.

	Lastly, I'd just like to inquire about FreeBSD 2.0.5's functionality as a
workstation machine- as in, no network.

				Sincerely,
				 Tarek Saadeh