Date:      Mon, 27 Aug 2001 03:37:33 +0000
From:      "Alexandre Bouchard" <rolivawdaneel@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Tomcat3/4+Apache architecture on BSD

Hello

We will deploy very soon a web server that need to support java servlets,
jSP and perhaps EJBs (if we use tomcat4). We dont know yet if we will use
BSD or Solaris8.

I was wondering how close is the integration of Apache, Jakarta-Tomcat and
the BSD plateform. I already know that Apache and Jakarta work very well
together with an ajp connector. But to be reliable, our architecture must be
built on a solid and mature Java Virtual Machine. A stable built of Java 2
is mandatory for us.

I am an opensourcist (but with previous experience only on linuxes) so I
would like to convince my team to use BSD. But officially sun supports only
windozes and redhat.. I would appreciate if someone could tell me if it is
reliable to built an architecture such as ours on the BSD plateform and why.

Thank you

Alexandre Bouchard