Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:35:51 -0600
From:      Lloyd Hayes <lloyd545220-trucker@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xorg86 -config error

With 5.3, I was typed:
Xorg -configure

I got:
Fatal server error:
xfEnableIO: Failed to open /dev/io for extended I/O

This is on an older laptop with an external CD-ROM/Burner/DVD Player
connected by USB port. FreeBSD was installed using the external CD drive.
(It also has an internal CD drive, but this drive produces scratches and
errors on some CDs. I prefer not to use it, except with older CDs.)

FreeBSD seems to support my hardware better then any of the Linux
distros, but it far harder to understand.

--

Lloyd Hayes

Email: lloyd545220-trucker@yahoo.com
E-FAX Number: (208) 248-6590