Date:      Thu, 01 Nov 2007 00:25:46 +0100
From:      Erik Cederstrand <erik@cederstrand.dk>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   i386 chroot on amd64

Hi!

I just created an i386 chroot on an amd64 host (make TARGET=i386
TARGET_ARCH=i386 ...). The host is compiled with lib32 support.

I'm trying to chroot into the directory to install a port (ports dir is
nullfs_mount'ed):

chroot /path/to/chroot /bin/sh -c "cd /usr/ports/my/port; make install
clean; "

but all I get is "chroot: /bin/sh: Exec format error". Google points me
in the direction of i386/amd64 conflicts. The host is running
7.0-PRERELEASE #4, the chroot is compiled from CURRENT sources csupped
today.

Am what I'm trying to do even supposed to work?

Thanks,
Erik