Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:06:40 -0800
From:      bmah@FreeBSD.ORG (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org>
Cc:        bmah@FreeBSD.ORG, Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X11 required for Document Project?

If memory serves me right, Dima Dorfman wrote:
> "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> > The full list of packages needed by docproj (minus jadetex and its
> > dependencies) is in /usr/src/release/Makefile.inc.docports.
>                ^^^^
> I think you mean "should be in".  For example, python isn't listed.

I thought I wrote that but apparently I didn't.

python *shouldn't* be there BTW.  There's nothing in FDP or the Web site
that uses it.  We probably want to build docproj (during releases) using
WITHOUT_PYTHON.

Sigh, one more Makefile knob that may or may not need to be tweaked.
I'm starting to like ue's idea of docproj-lite, coupled with some
better documentation and a trimming down of some of the old DTDs (for
both docproj and docproj-lite).

> This file is a good idea, but it gets out of date despite our best
> efforts.

This tells me two things...first, I must be the only person who builds
releases with documentation and no ports, and second, it's been awhile
since I've built a release.  :-)

It didn't help that this was a stealth dependency that snuck in with
another update to the libxml2 port, no mention whatsoever in the commit
log.  :-(

Bruce.