Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 14:04:14 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   980513 CAM snapshot available.

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: scsi@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 14:04:14 -0600
From: "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>

The snapshot is available from:
	ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam
or
	ftp://ftp.kdm.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam

Please read the README before attempting to install.

The device statistics portion of the 2.2-stable snapshot has not been
thoroughly tested yet, so I would appreciate feedback on iostat/systat/
vmstat functionality under 2.2.

Changes for the 980513 Snapshot:

        - Added support for -stable, funded by the HotMail folks.

        - The systat and vmstat programs have been converted to use
          the device stat code.

        - The wd, scd, wfd, and fd drivers have been converted to the devstat
          system so they properly show up in iostat/systat/vmstat displays,
          thanks to Mike Smith.

        - The Media Changer driver (ch) has been added.

        - CD Changer support now ensures that all transactions, even the
          read capacity performed during the probe stage, go through the
          changer scheduler.  In the past, read capacity commands would
          go out to all disks at once causing many changes to get very
          upset.

        - Fixed a few bugs in the Adaptec, BusLogic, and AdvanSys drivers
          having to do with error recovery.  Memory mapped I/O is now
          disabled in teh BusLogic driver as it doesn't seem to be properly
          supported in the hardware.

        - If a device is spun up, it's inquiry and serial number data are
          now refreshed.

- --
Justin

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy