Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 06:37:59 -0600
From:      Ingrid Kast Fuller <ingrid@cityscope.net>
To:        FreeBSD Advocacy <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Unfurl <unfurl@dub.net>
Subject:   Re: Active advocacy

Let me know if there ARE any articles somewhere to read about starting a
FreeBSD users group as I am wanting to start one here where I live. We
have a Unix and Linux group, but no FreeBSD group.  I have a few
questions, maybe someone can reply with an answer:

Does the group have to be registered with the state as a non-profit now
or can I just start having meetings and then once we get some active
support do it.

Any input from the more established User groups on getting started or
maybe a "this is what we did" message would be great!!!