Date:      Sat, 29 Nov 2003 11:34:26 -0800
From:      George Hartzell <hartzell@kestrel.alerce.com>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Subject:   Re: PII SMP system hangs during boot with ACPI enabled

Nate Lawson writes:
 > No way!  Good (non-386) equipment is never to old.  :)
 > Please add debug.acpi.disable="cpu" to loader.conf or type that in at the
 > loader prompt.  If it boots ok, we'll have to debug the acpi_cpu_startup
 > path.

Speaking of which, I have a "Good" (see above...) motherboard looking
for a worthy home.  It's a dual 266MHZ processor PII motherboard
(Supermicro P6DLE) with 256MB of ram.

It was running just fine when I removed it from it's case (I upgraded
that box to a 370DLE).  It's been comfortably running -stable for a
long time, and deserves a good home.

Some info is available at:
http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/MotherBoards/440LX/p6dle.htm

It's free to anyone who can convince me that they'll give it a good
home.

g.