Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 18:02:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Heyer <john@snake.supranet.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Frontpage, ScriptAlias, and .htaccess files

I'm trying to run FP2000 Extensions on a new 4.1.1 server.  I installed
apache-fp from packages, followed the instructions, and created a test
root web.  When I went to publish, it told me FP extentions weren't
installed.  I fixed this with

ScriptAlias /_vti_bin/ "/usr/local/frontpage/version4.0/exes/_vti_bin/"

So then I was able to publish; the problem was it never prompted me for a
username and password.  I'm assuming that this somehow caused the
.htaccess files to be ignored, which is a mystery since I have

<Directory "/www/docs">
	Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews IncludesNOEXEC
	AllowOverride AuthConfig Limit Indexes Options
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Directory>

Note the interesting part is if I publish to www.testsite.com/~unixusername
it *does* prompt for authentication, then tells me parsing isn't working
once I authenticate.

Does anybody know how to fix this?  I noticed several post in the archives
describing the exact same problem, but never saw a definative solution.

--
Johh Heyer - john@personal.supranet.net - http://heyer.supranet.net

"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!"  -- Ralph Wiggam