Date:      Fri, 3 Jun 2005 21:45:44 -0300
From:      Carlos Alloatti <calloatti@gmail.com>
To:        "sferreira@comcast.net" <sferreira@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FREEBSD between two trunks

On 6/3/05, sferreira@comcast.net <sferreira@comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to setup DUMMYNET to emulate long delays, such as those encoun=
tered in satellite links. The problem is that I have to place my freebsd ho=
st between two trunks passing vlans (2,3,4,5,6).
>=20
> So the setup is:
>=20
> cisco swictch trunks vlan 2,3,4,5,6 <-> freebsd <--> cisco switch trunks =
vlan 2,3,4,5,6
>=20
>=20
> All the documents I could find  related to this subject matter has the fr=
eebsd as an endpoint and not connecting two trunks.  Also the freebsd has t=
o be an invisible hop on the network, so it can not route this traffic.  I =
had setup my freebsd in bridge mode but I could not get this setup to work.
>=20

Check my post:

http://groups.google.com.ar/group/mailing.freebsd.isp/browse_thread/thread/=
13778e3c6f5eafe9/37f0fcaa0b1cb34a?q=3Dbest+sollution+(and+also+simple)+to+g=
uarantee+a+bandwidth&rnum=3D2&hl=3Des#37f0fcaa0b1cb34a

It details how to setup a Bridge with ipfw and dummynet for bandwitdh
control, just change the queue rules, it should work.
--=20
Carlos Alloatti
calloatti_at_gmail.com