Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 02:53:24 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mbuf system with mutexes

Bosko Milekic wrote:

>   For those interested,
>
>   http://www.technokratis.com/code/mbuf/mbuf_mtx.patch

Assuming we have a "my processor" index somewhere,
how much work would it take to give each processor a
separate cache of mbufs?

Also, I've often wondered if the 'custer' special code might
more simply be implemented by puting pointers to cluster methods
in the mbuf external method pointers and removing all the special
case tests to see if it's a cluster. In that case there
would be just 2 cases:
non-external and external, where 'cluster mbufs' are only
a presupplied external type.

--
      __--_|\  Julian Elischer
     /       \ julian@elischer.org