Date:      Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:17:54 +0300
From:      "Vitali Malicky" <life@zone3000.net>
To:        "luca.massarenti" <luca.massarenti@libero.it>, "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ctrl+alt+del & shutdown/reboot

>Hi, I install linux & freebsd servers, and I'd like to shutdown (and not
reboot) my servers pressing ctrl+alt+del.

>I know how to in linux (inittab) but not in freebsd, because reading
manuals I have seen only how to disable the function >through kernel
reconfiguration.

>Please help me

there is such a good command "shutdown -r now" ("-r" means to reboot "-h"
means to halt)
you're discouraged to use "halt" and "reboot" cauz it's not a good way to
stop FreeBSD,... also there command "fasthalt", "fastboot"...