Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 2002 12:49:59 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Sorin Chiorean <sorin_chiorean@email.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updating kernel sources

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 06:56:29PM +0300, Sorin Chiorean wrote:
>=20
> Hello,=20
>=20
>     Is there a way to update the kernel sources without cvsup and make wo=
rld=20
> because my internet connection is slow and i would like to download manua=
lly=20
> everything that is needed (tarballs, patches, etc).

cvsup is much more efficient than downloading tarballs of the source
code, and patch sets are not produced (they would be almost as
efficient as cvsup)

However, bear in mind that in FreeBSD you cannot just update your
kernel without updating your userland as well: kernel and userland are
an integrated system and one will not work when not in sync with the
other.

Kris

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+

--8t9RHnE3ZwKMSgU+--