Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 11:57:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Eric I. Arnoth" <earnoth@UDel.Edu>
To:        Stan Brown <stanb@awod.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Mobile List <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Toshiba 5000CDT LCD screen resolution?

On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Stan Brown wrote:
> 	I would like to confirm one thing that both of these people seem to
> 	thinks is correct. Is the max resolutin of the 500CDT's internbal LCD
> 	display really 800x600? This seems strange as it's not a "standard"
> 	resolutinon, that I am aware of.
It certainly is a "standard" resolution.  My last two laptops have both
been 800x600, and I know of some earlier monitors and video cards that had
such a resolution for the max.

> 	Thanks for any info on this, the Toshiba docs that I have are very
> 	confusioing, they even imply that it will do 1280x1024, at least in
> 	interlaced. This does not seem correct either.
I've wondered about this myself, but I've never pursued the matter.  I
wonder if it's either a generic manual that was written to cover all
models, or if driving the lcd&chip at that level is only possible with
their proprietary drivers.  In Windows I wasn't able to set my own display
(Satellite 4010CDS) to that level, so I'm betting it's a generic manual.
What experiences do others have on this?  I'm sure I'm wrong in at least
*part* of this, but such is my experience on the matter to the present.

-Eric