Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:55:39 -0400
From:      Darin <derwood@naebunny.net>
To:        david@kiner.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mod_php4-4.3.8,1

David Kiner wrote:

>hi
>
>I have installed php 4.3.6 and i want to update to php 4.3.8
>
>I used the extensions mysql, calendar and gd.
>Unfortenately, when we install the new php 4.3.8 from the port mod_php4, we
>don't have any more the extensions ' configuration selection.
>
>how can i active my specific extensions ?
>
>regards,
>
>David KINER

4.3.8 changes the structure of the PHP ports.  Now, you have the main
PHP port, and all of the extensions are "slave ports" that have to be
compiled and installed separately.  So, theres a separate port for
*each* extension.  If you go to FreshPorts and look at the lang/php4
port, you'll see a list of all the new slave ports and where they fall
in the ports hierarchy.. Also a word of caution, you'll want to comment
out the path to extensions in your php.ini.

Hope this helps

Darin -