Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2014 15:34:56 -0330
From:      Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.0 image and build script for EdgeRouter Lite

Nathan Dorfman wrote:
> > Looking at the '/var/log/dmesg' from one of these running the linux
> > system, I didn't see anything related to a RTC/TOD clock, but I might
> > have just missed it in my quick scan of the devices.
>
> I don't think there is a hardware clock on the device, though I could
> be wrong.

There doesn't appear to be one.  'hwclock' can't find a clock at /dev/rtc0?,
and there's nothing in the dmesg relating to any form of hardware clock.

As well, looking at the board, there's no battery present.  So even if there
was a clock, it would be reset anytime the board lost power.

> I bet the vendor firmware has NTP on by default, though.

They do, using n.ubnt.pool.ntp.org.