Date:      Sun, 09 May 2004 14:37:59 +0900
From:      Rob <stopspam@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   network reconfigure with sysinstall did not work!

Hi,

I somehow screwed up the configuration of my network card, by
playing with ifconfig. I tried to get it back again with ifconfig
for a while, but to no avail. To avoid rebooting, I decided to use
/stand/sysinstall.

I thus configured my network interface. All that was easy, since
sysinstall even asked my to restart the connection. I said "Yes",
and searched my way out of sysinstall.

However, great was my disappointment that I still had no internet
connection. I then rebooted the machine and all was fine again.

Even greater was my disappointment that my /etc/hosts file had
disappeared!! For some reason sysinstall had overwritten this
file (without notice) with three lines of very trivial hostnames.
This was troublesome! Is this a bug in sysinstall?

Regards,
Rob.