Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:05:21 +0100
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DEPENDS -- is it time to remove it?

--iBipwI8N6cjWJAiJ

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 02:01:46PM +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>=20
> Dear all,
>=20
> The ports make infrastructure has a whole series of variables for showing
> how one port depends on another: LIB_DEPENDS, BUILD_DEPENDS, RUN_DEPENDS
> etc.  Amongst these is what looks to me like the vestigial remnant of
> an earlier phase of the ports: the plain, unmodified 'DEPENDS' variable.
>=20
There is also a PR against this: ports/99724.  Unfortunately, it hasn't
made it into an -exp run on pointyhat yet as other patches had higher
priority.  It is on the TODO-list however, you are completely right that
it should be removed.

Cheers,
-erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
It's made up of several layers   \\\_\   /_///    erwin@FreeBSD.org
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin@aauug.dk

--iBipwI8N6cjWJAiJ

--iBipwI8N6cjWJAiJ--