Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 13:42:43 -0500
From:      Bush Doctor <dervish@goku.cl.msu.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: international RSA code

Out of da blue Peter Wemm aka (peter@netplex.com.au) said:
> I've added a port, ports/security/librsaintl, that should build and install
> the librsaINTL.* files in /usr/lib, in case you did a binary install or
> are stuck with the USA source.
>
> The port is quite a hack, but I'd be interested to know how it works for folks.
> Note that there have been several versions, so make sure you've got the current
> version before trying to use it. :-)
>
> This builds the optimized RSA code designed for use by the ssl code.  It
> also is used by openssh.  RSAREF requires big number format conversion, this
> code does not.  RSAREF is also limited to 1024 bit keys, this code has no
> such limitation.
I'm still not clear on the issue of RSAREF :(  In the US do we need to have the
rsaref port installed in order to use openssl/openssh in the source tree?  If not
then in /etc/make.conf we can set "RSAREF=NO" and buildworld will DTRT with
respect to openssl/openssh?

thanxs ...

> Cheers,
> -Peter

#;^)
--
f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgrmmng.

bush doctor
<dervish@goku.cl.msu.edu>