Date:      06 Feb 2003 20:52:23 -0500
From:      Glenn Becker <burningclown@burningclown.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CPAN hosed / slice?

Hi all -

I did a quick search on the list archives and didn't turn up anything

I've been teaching myself Perl and exploring the wonders of CPAN ... but
when I installed the interactive CPAN shell on root and tried to install
the PDL (Perl Data Language) module, it sent my / slice to 109%. Is
there any safe way back to sanity from this kind of thing, short of a
re-install?

I know now that I don't necessarily have to install .cpan on /root ...
can I safely just rip out the subdirectories there?

I've been running 4.7-STABLE, fwiw. I don't know exactly when I last
rebuilt world, but it was perhaps December.

Any pointers are welcome. I can boot the system up okay.

Thanks,

Glenn Becker