Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:59:02 +0200
From:      piotr.smyrak@heron.pl
To:        Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>,freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Let's add more DESKTOP_ENTRIES to our ports

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:34:05 +0400, Dmitry Marakasov wrote

> I'd like to receive patch review and feedback. Also, I
> don't really understand what StartupNotification really is
> (true/false in the end of DESKTOP_ENTRY) and how to
> determine which is suitable for this or that port - could
> anyone explain?

StartupNotification is telling the desktop env, that an app whose
launcher was clicked by user, is currently being started up, but
not ready yet, there is no window yet or so, so the desktop env
could report back to the user.

See here:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/integration-guide/stable/startup-
notification.html.en