Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2006 02:44:05 -0800
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Grant Moritz <volunteer@avcon.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mistake in FreeBSD manual

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On 2006-03-20 20:25, Grant Moritz <volunteer@avcon.org.au> wrote:

> Hey,
> In the FreeBSD manual
> (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-inetd.html)
> under the section "25.2.5 Security" at the end of the first
> paragraph there is an error in grammar.
>
> "Some daemons, such as fingerd, may not be desired at all because they
> information that may be useful to an attacker."
>
> Doesn't make sense to me just thought I would pass along the
> observation you guys.

Quite right.

I've committed a fix in revision 1.79 of file
http://cvsweb.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-servers/chapter.sgml

The change will appear online after the next scheduled rebuild of the
web site and the documentation; usually in just a few hours.

Thanks for taking the time to report this.  If it's not too much to ask,
please send any future comments to the freebsd-doc mailing list, which
is more appropriate for discussing documentation issues, or file a bug
report under the doc/ category :)

Regards,
Giorgos

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C