Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 1995 11:11:10 -0500
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   VAT how-to question

I feel stupid to ask this question since I have vat running on a earlier
SNAPSHOT, but, when I try to run vat on a GUS card with FreeBSD 2.0.5
Alpha/Release, it fails. Help.

1) I added "pseudo-device   vat_audio" to the configuration file, and rebuilt
   and installed the kernel.
2) MAKEDEV snd and vat
3) used the vat binary from ftp.ee.lbl.gov (is there suppose to be a new copy
   of vat that uses /dev/vatio instead of /dev/audio?).

all I get is several message of the type:

/kernel: Sound: Audio queue4 corrupted for dev0 (1782/16)

the vat application locks up /dev/audio until it is through sysloging all
the error messages.

--mark.
PS. since vat uses voxware drivers, does this mean that vat can be played
    on a soundblaster (yeah, I know sound blasters are unidirectional).