Date:      Mon, 8 Dec 1997 15:30:52 -0700 (MST)
From:      Kenneth Merry <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        ksmm@cybercom.net (The Classiest Man Alive)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Millenium II

The Classiest Man Alive wrote...
> Does anybody have a Matrox Millenium II running X Windows on FreeBSD?  Any
> comments, pro or con, for this particular adapter?  I may be in the market
> for a new adapter (Riva-128, Rendition 2200, or Millenium II w/Voodoo 2)
> to replace my existing Hercules Stringray 128/3D, but I'm not going
> anywhere without my X on FreeBSD.

	I've got an 8MB Millennium II running with a patched version of
Accelerated X 3.1.  It works okay, but there are some screen artifacts,
and sometimes various fonts don't look quite right.  My guess is that
Accelerated X 4.1 would be better, but I haven't tried it out yet.  (I've
got the CD, just haven't gotten around to installing it.)

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com