Date:      Sat, 27 Oct 2001 14:07:22 -0600
From:      "Mario Doria" <madd@tecdigital.net>
To:        "David Powers" <dnpowers@swbell.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: INETD not starting

> How are you trying to start inetd and it may help to post a copy of your
> inetd.conf, there may be an error in there.

Sure, as root I'm running inetd with no options.

Here's my inetd.conf file:

# $FreeBSD: src/etc/inetd.conf,v 1.44.2.6 2001/10/09 07:47:47 jkh Exp $
#
# Internet server configuration database
#
# Define *both* IPv4 and IPv6 entries for dual-stack support.
# To disable a service, comment it out by prefixing the line with '#'.
# To enable a service, remove the '#' at the beginning of the line.
#
ftp     stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/ftpd       ftpd -l